Location: Old Sarum Airfield, near Salisbury (SP4 9RY)
After a short briefing you will be ready to jump from up to 13,000 feet*. Training is run throughout the day and students are strapped to the front of a Tandem Instructor who is there to control the skydive for you.
Once you exit at up to 13,000 feet* you accelerate to 120 mph, covering each thousand feet in approximately five seconds. At 5,000 feet the Instructor will deploy the parachute which will then be controlled by both persons until you land softly and gently some four minutes later.
- £70 deposit per person upon sign-up
- Minimum fundraising target of £400, which will cover the cost of your skydive and a donation to Thames Valley Air Ambulance of £150
- There is no upper age limit for the Tandem Skydive as long as a BPA medical form is complete 115A
- If there is a concern about your physical health you will need to provide a BPA 115B medical form which must be signed by your GP
- A letter of parental consent is required if you are under 18. The minimum age for parachuting is 16 years old.
- The maximum weight limit for most airfields is 15 stone (95 Kilos) but some locations have higher or lower weight limits. You can check the weight limit at your nearest airfield here: https://skylineskydiving.co.uk/prices-and-locations/
- The specific weight for Salisbury Airfield, where we are doing the charity skydive, is 15st but they will take people up to 18st with a surcharge of £10 per stone that they are over 15st. This surcharge is payable on the day.
- The minimum weight is 7st and minimum height 4ft11
- There is no upper height limit, as yet we have been able to accommodate taller customers, but we advise that anyone over 6ft5 will need to fit comfortably in the harness.
- Included in the price of your skydive is temporary membership to British Skydiving, which covers you for third party Liability only up to £5,000,000. This does not, cover you for personal injury, please arrange personal insurance with your own broker if you require it. Personal accident insurance is not required for a tandem skydive so it is your choice if you wish to take that out before the jump.
If you are interested in experiencing the biggest adrenaline rush of your life, please sign up today.