The helicopter is a red and yellow liveried EC135 Eurocopter, G-HBOB, (G represents Great Britain, H represents Helicopter, and BOB representing the three counties it serves – Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire) and is based at RAF Benson, Oxfordshire.
- Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) compliant
- On-board GPS linked moving map system
- Twin engines for safety and the ability to fly at speeds of up to 150 mph
- High manoeuvrability and compact size for landing almost anywhere
- Skid under-carriage enabling aircraft to land on a variety of ground conditions and slopes
- Main and tail rotors are set up high for good obstacle clearance and safety, the tail rotor is enclosed for additional safety
- The ability for more than two hours flying time
- Side and rear loading for stretcher
- Carries a full range of high tech medical equipment to care for patients in flight
- An additional seat enabling a family member or friend to accompany a patient to hospital
- Low vibration level gives a smooth and comfortable ride.